Tuesday 5 February 2013

I'M GOING TO NEW YORK


Since 2009, my family has been talking about going on holiday to New York. Now, like most things my family talks about doing, it never happened. However, at the end of last year, my Parents decided that 2013 would be the year to do it (mainly because I've finished high school, and my younger sister is still in the years of school that barely matter).

This morning I woke up from a text from my Dad saying that he'd booked flights, and I pretty much fell out of bed. I immediately started a countdown on my phone, renamed my savings account 'New York Shopping Fund' and started creating a list of things I want to do and places I want to visit during my 16 night stay in the city that never sleeps.

The main point of this post is to share the list that I have started, and to see if anyone that stumbles across it has any suggestions for me. So here goes -


Jess's New York To Do List.

+ Ride in a yellow taxi

+ Buy food from a street stand

+ Read a book or write whilst drinking coffee in a Starbucks

+ Go to the top of the Empire State Building

+ Visit the Statue of Liberty

+ Pay my respects at Ground Zero

+ Buy my weight in M&M's from M&M world

+ Make myself poor in Urban Outfitters, Sephora, Forever 21, Bath and Body Works, MAC, H&M

+ Go on the Gossip Girl, F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Sex in the City tours

+ Go to Times Square at night time

+ Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge

+ Spend a day in SoHo

+ Ride the Subway

+ Eat at the Cheescake Factory

+ Take enough photos and video to make a video scrapbook

+ Buy a new I<3NY shirt

+ Walk through Central Park

+ Have breakfast on the steps of the Met

+ See a Broadway Musical

+ Museums - The Jewish Museum, The Guggenheim, The New York Historical Society,

+ Visit the Upper East Side


I'm looking forward to exploring the little side streets that tourist books and websites don't tell you about, and being immersed in a different culture and location. Gah, I love travelling! Why is it so expensive?!?

If I haven't got something on this list that you think I should do while I'm in New York, leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment