Tuesday 5 March 2013

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

Hiiiiiiii everyone!

Welcome to Hogwarts.... I mean, The University of Sydney

I just thought I'd try and fit in a quick blog post between madly trying to get through all of my readings for lectures tomorrow! Speaking of, that's mainly the reason my blog has been virtually non-existant for the past week or so - university!

O-Week (Orientation) was last week, and my goodness was it fun! I made a fair few new friends that have made sitting in massive, jam-packed lecture halls with intimidatingly intelligent lecturers spray words at you for hours just that little bit easier. Myself and two of my best friends stayed in a very cheap hotel close to uni for 2 nights, so we could attend as much as possible without having to worry when the last bus home left. Lets just say... my new adult privileges were utilised!

I started actual classes yesterday, and despite being scared out of my mind, I throughly enjoyed the new type of learning I will be doing over the next 4, 5 or 6 years. Although the work load is starting to pile up (2 days in... gah!), I'm having a lot of fun with English, Sociology, Socio-Legal Studies and Cultural Studies. 

For the first time in a long time, I feel very happy and content with the direction my life is heading. I don't have any significant worries nibbling in the back of my mind, and I feel free to just live in the moment and truly enjoy myself. 

Let's see where the next year will take me.

Until next time, 
Jess

P.S. My only day off from Uni is Fridays, so you can try to expect (I promise I will legitimately attempt to do this!) posts from me on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment